The Catholic church, which was probably built in the 16th century, has its main axis running in an east-west direction, with a single nave, a sanctuary with a sacristy added on the south side. The church bears the name of St. Michael the Archangel. Its doors are double-winged, its ceiling is decorated with straight, biblical scenes.
The main altar and pulpit were built in the seventies of the 18th century. These two masterpieces of the interior of the church were made in the Rococo style. The main altar on the main altar of the church is a baroque image of St. Michael from 1883. The side altar promotes the name of St. John of Nepomuk, probably from the second half of the 18th century. The pulpit can be approached from the sacristy, to the right of it is the statue of the Virgin Mary of Lourdes. The main facade has three axes. The tower is rectangular, with a pyramidal roof and a cross at the top. On the first facade of the church there is a hydrographic elevation mark from 1895. Some church details were also listed by the Central Monument Office.
The year 1599 is important in the history of the church, when the later Transylvanian prince, István Bocskai, passed through the village, almost completely destroyed the Roman Catholic church. It was only renovated much later, in 1721, but in 1760 and 1773 it was again significantly damaged by earthquakes. It was finally restored in 1774. Its original vaulted ceiling has been replaced with a simple plain, so today’s church has no particular architectural style.
Foto: László Szeder, Wikipedia