The Roman Catholic Church of St. Vendel was built at the highest point of the village. It was made of solid building material, so it also resisted the destruction of the Turks. The church has its origins in a pure Romanesque floor plan and all the openings in the south. The original entrance was later walled up and moved to the west facade of the church. In the second half of the 16th century, the village was destroyed, but the church was not. It was repaired by Count Ferenc Gyulay in the 1920s, so at the time of the visit to the canonica in 1770 it was referred to as the "very old". The building was renovated in 1776 and received a new facade with a roof tower. The originally small and narrow windows were enlarged and supplemented with segments, which meant the appearance of Baroque style features. Today, the facades of the church are simple, with no architectural details. On the baroque main altar we see St. Vendel in a late baroque picture in the middle of his flock. The gilded, carved tabernacle dates from before 1770. In the two eastern corners of the nave we see small caves from Lourdes. One features a statue of the Virgin Mary of Lourdes, the other a sculpture of Pietá. The marble holy water reservoir is also from the 19th century.
The church was reconstructed in 2002.
Foto: László Szeder, Wikipedia