The church was built in 1677 by the Franciscans. The walls were decorated with frescoes. Some of the paintings of the holy figures from the House of Arpad are still visible. Under the construction of the temple was a funeral purpose serving, which was after the flood in 1965 sanded. The premises of the church served as a warehouse for many years. In 2001, the management of the town of Komárno commissioned the Civic Association Pro Arte Danubii to transform the church into a place for the presentation of cultural values. The building was then renamed to Gallery Limes. Its mission is to present contemporary domestic fine arts. All events in the gallery take place in a festive and dignified atmosphere. The building is a national cultural monument.