The church was built in Classicistic style, they started to build it in March 1787, and already in September 1788 it was consecrated. The tower was built in 1832 from stone, and it was the highest point at that time in the town.
During the siege of the town in 1849, the tower was used as an artillery observation post. The church was designed for 2460 believers.
The organ was made by John Bohák form Vienna.
Behind the church we can see the restored Komárno Gate of the Fort of Nové Zámky.
In the courtyard we can see precious headstones from the 18th and 19th centuries.