The chapel and the neighbour Poorhouse which accepted impoverished aristocrats were built in 1741 thanks to the testament of baron Adam Zichy. Five poor people could occupy its flats and they were supported by the foundation. Later a printing house and a book shop funcitoned here.
This chapel has only one aisle and it was the first public chapel for citizens in the town. The richly ornamented columns, the main altar and the paintings truly reflect the period of late baroque. Above the side entrance there is a felief with a cross and inscription from the year 1808. In the year 1904 has Géza Spitzer bought the building and established the town´s biggest printing house and book shop.