Sights of the village Iža


Not far from the pumping-station, on the bank of the River Danube there is a tiny bridge with arched supporting structure. It is said that the bridge remained form the turkish times, its name is the „Turkish Bridge“ and it is in good technical conditions.

híd

Next to the catholic church and the monument of the victims of I. World War we can see the standstone statue of Saint John of Nepomuk.

szent jános szobor

At the end of the village on the left side there is the Persei-mill, which was built by Lajos Persei in 1939. The remained part functions as a store today. In the direction of Śtúrovo, on the left side of the main road there is a mineral water source with a small pavilon above it. The water comes up from the depth of 220 m.

forrás

The graveyard is for people of Catholic, Evangelic and Reformed religion.By the renovation of the cemetery the old stone-crosses have been saved and composed among the trees on the left and right side. The building of the mortuary standing in the front was projected by Nándor Kurucz. A remarkable point of the cemetery is the small chapel of the Kurucz family, the Géza-chapel. The memorial of Lujza Kurucz is the artwork of János Nagy, on the left.

kápolna

Behind the chapel, on the highest point of the cemetery, stands the main cross with two graves of local priests in front of it (Kálmán Nádai, parson of Iža (1884-1956), Károly Jánoki priest (1782-1840)).

The main cross is made of red marble from the village Süttő, Hungary, created in baroque style. As a rarity we can mention the white wooden crosses of the cemetery, covered with small triangle roof, which can not be found elsewhere. The second main, red-marble cross of the cemetery is from the year 1878.


Székelykapu

We can see a typical Hungarian wooden column, the work of the Transylvanian (Romania) wood-carving master Sándor Felszegi. The typical carved Transylvanian gate is also his work from the year 2018.